Hello Friend and Supporter,
For the past three years Lockett Family Charitable Foundation has accomplished the following milestones:
• Provided brand new Kindle Fire Tablets to 45 youth participants in the After-School Program at Highland Hills Community Center.
• Provided Christmas gifts to 4 children in Ukraine.
• Provided Christmas gifts to 4 children in the DFW area.
• Provided brand new winter coats to over 200 children & teens in Tarrant County.
• Provided fresh fruit and healthy snacks to children living in several economically disadvantaged communities throughout Fort Worth.
• Provided financial assistance for enrollment of three children in Summer Camp at Highland Hills Community Center.
• Assisted five economically disadvantaged families with purchase of groceries.
• Assisted four families with purchase of gasoline to commute to job interviews.
• During the 2018-19 school year Lockett Family Charitable Foundation formed a community partnership with Edward J Briscoe Elementary School, with the goal of increasing parental engagement. Lockett Family Charitable Foundation provides vital assistance to disadvantaged Briscoe Elementary School students and their families. A resource room was established at Briscoe where students or parents can receive food or other necessities for free courtesy of Lockett Family Charitable Foundation. The following items are stocked in the resource room: Canned Foods (vegetables, fruits, tuna, meats, etc.), Boxed Foods (rice, pastas, crackers, cereal), Ramen Noodles, Bottled Water, Fruit Juices, personal hygiene items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, personal wipes, soap, lotion, shampoo and deodorant).
While we are making impactful moves in underserved communities, there is still much work to be done. Our challenge is that 1 out of every 4 children in Tarrant County experiences food insecurity. Hunger and other symptoms of poverty make it difficult for students to focus on academics. It is difficult to achieve academic excellence when you are uncertain about where your next meal will come from.
We would like to establish resource rooms at three or more schools in Tarrant during the 2019-20 school year. In order to do so, we need your support. This year on the North Texas Give Day, which will take place Thursday, September 19th, our goal is to raise $10,000. Reaching our goal of $10,000 will help us increase the depth and scope of our impact in disadvantaged communities.
Lockett Family Charitable Foundation is still in its infancy. We are a small organization but our impact is very powerful. Our organization was founded upon the principles of love, optimism, compassion and kindness. We work hard to make a difference because we care! Therefore, I graciously ask you to join our efforts today!
Please help us reach our goal of raising $10,000 on North Texas Giving Day. Help us continue to offer hope to communities that are overwhelmed with hopelessness. We would love for you to partner with us in the fight to eradicate hunger, poverty and hopelessness. To make a donation to our North Texas Giving Day Fundraiser please go to https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/LockettFoundation.
Thank you in advance for your support.
With kindest regards,
Jerome Carlos Johnson
Founder & Executive Director
Lockett Family Charitable Foundation